Wondering how to buy into the Meraki IDO? Buying into the Meraki IDO gives you ownership of the Meraki platform.
Buying your first NFT on Polygon requires following a small handful of steps. We are going to try our very best to get you set up. If you have any questions at all, please join our Discord and ask away!
IMPORTANT: This works best on a desktop or laptop computer. It will be much more difficult from your phone!!!
- Set up a MetaMask wallet and make sure you have ETH in your wallet (do not bring $MATIC into your wallet from an exchange, it will not be useful
for this purchase).
- Configure your MetaMask wallet for Matic Mainnet. This step allows your wallet to be able to work on the Polygon Protocol.
- You will now need to convert Ethereum to work on the Polygon Network. Each Meraki NFT will cost 150 USDC, plus a tiny bit extra for MATIC gas (like, a penny, more on that below)). NOTE: If you’re bringing in brand new ETH from an exchange, be sure to send a bit extra to your wallet for gas during the bridging process (.01 is usually enough, but having .02 is even safer). Sending ETH over this bridge wraps it, converting it WETH. There are different two ways to do this:
- We have recently begun using the Polygon Bridge for our personal conversions. Before using this, please do your own research, and please have a good idea of what you are doing. Now, select “Bridge Assets”, and you will get to the bridge screen. Connect your wallet with “Ethereum Mainnet” selected at the top of your Metamask and you should see this screen. Send ETH from the Ethereum Network to the Polygon Network.
- This step takes about 10 minutes, and you will incur a small gas fee. To save a few dollars, try to do this during off-hours. NOTE: You’ll need to switch back to Ethereum Mainnet in your MetaMask for this step to work.
- After the transaction has completed, visit The Matic Wallet to verify that your WETH has arrived. Click the three dots to the right to “Add to MetaMask”. Your WETH should now show in your MetaMask wallet when Matic Mainnet is selected.
- You will need a VERY small amount of MATIC for gas fees. NOTE: MATIC on Polygon is different than MATIC that sits on exchanges like Coinbase, so don’t bother transferring in from exchanges. Either do a gasless swap for a tiny bit of MATIC in Metamask, ask a friend, or stop by the a MATIC faucet to get some MATIC. You only need .02 MATIC per transaction.
- Once these steps are complete, head to mraki.io minting page and click “Connect” to ensure you are good to go for minting!!!
ALTERNATIVE METHOD: There’s also a way to bring in Polygon assets from Crypto.com, thus bypassing the bridge. We haven’t tried it, but you can learn about it more HERE on Youtube.
ANOTHER ALTERNATIVE METHOD: Some have shared positive reviews about buying Polygon ETH (make sure it’s the purple one, not the pink one) directly at Opensea with a credit card via Moonpay. Click the small wallet icon in the top-right of the Opensea screen to explore this method.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT send any leftover WETH back to an exchange (like, for example, Coinbase). It will not show up there. It must first be unwrapped into normal ETH via the Polygon Bridge we talked about earlier.
ANOTHER IMPORTANT NOTE: Do NOT ever give your seed phrase to anyone. And don’t answer unsolicited communications about anything crypto-related.